State of Play Games
Based in Camberwell, London
March 1, 2008
Press / Business Contact:
Coming to iOS
Platforms: iOS (soon), PC, Mac and Apple TV
+44 207 277 1818
Lumino City is a wonderful puzzle adventure crafted entirely by hand out of paper, card, miniature lights, and motors, for iOS, PC, Mac and Apple TV.
Made by a small indie team in London over the course of three years, and released on PC and Mac in late 2014, Lumino City has garnered numerous awards including the BAFTA for Artistic Achievement in 2015.
State of Play built an entire city out of real materials and filmed it as the backdrop for the game. Through this gorgeous environment weaves a clever, charming and puzzling adventure. Lumi’s grandfather, the caretaker of Lumino City, has been kidnapped. To find him, you must explore the city and figure out the fascinating mechanisms that power this unique world.
Winner of numerous international awards, including the BAFTA for Artistic Achievement alongside nominations for Innovation and Best British Game, Lumino City now finds its home on the App Store as the perfect tactile experience for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.Key features
NOW FOR iOS - A PERFECT EXPERIENCE FOR TOUCHSCREENS. With a seamless interface optimised for iPhone and iPad and tactile puzzles made from real materials, you'll feel like you're diving into a miniature world of physical playthings.
A TRULY UNIQUE WAY TO MAKE A GAME. Everything you see on screen was made using paper, cardboard and glue. The process resulted in the building of a 10 foot high model city, using laser cutting plus miniature lights and motors to bring it to life.
AN ENTIRELY HANDMADE CITY. Everything you see on screen was made using paper, cardboard and glue, miniature lights and motors. State of Play collaborated with award-winning architects, fine-artists, prop-makers and animators, each discipline brought something unique to the design and execution of the finished game.
A UNIQUELY BEAUTIFUL WORLD TO EXPLORE. Venture beyond the city gates to discover gardens in the sky, boats marooned high on an immense waterwheel, and houses dug precariously into cliffs.
A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE. Lumino City continues where the prequel Lume left off. As Lumi welcomes Grandad back at the end of Lume, she is swiftly catapulted into a new epic journey and a hunt for Grandad after his dramatic kidnap. Exploring the unusual dwellings beyond the city gates and finding out more about her intriguing Grandad's life along the way. Is he all he seems?
AWE INSPIRING PUZZLES. Play with real objects within each scene. Control windmills in the clouds, provide power to a house using only lemons plus your own ingenuity, and work out how to win at the most puzzling pinball table ever created.
RECORD AND SHARE. New for iOS 9, use Replay Kit to screen record full motion video of the wonders you discover, then share it with other players and viewers online and on your social networks.
iCLOUD SYNCING. Switch play between all your iOS devices and pick up where you left off.
FAST DOWNLOAD, BETTER PERFORMANCE. Lumino City uses the latest iOS9 App Thinning technology to ensure you download only what you need. Hard disk space is saved, downloads are faster.
Official Trailer Vimeo
Teaser Trailer Vimeo
There are far more images available from State of Play Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- BAFTAS 2015 Artistic Achievement WINNER, Best British Game, Game Innovation FINALIST
- Indie Prize Showcase 2015, 'Best Art' Award
- Develop Games Awards Visual Arts 2015 WINNER
- Brazilian Independent Games Festival 2015 Best Art WINNER
- Game Connection, Best Indie - WINNER
- Game Connection, Best Casual Game - WINNER
- Independent Game Festival 2015, Excellence in Visual Art FINALIST
- 18th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards, Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction FINALIST
- Barbican & TIGA Indie Dev Showcase Best PC Game WINNER
- Editor's Choice, Mac App Store January 2015
- BIG Festival, Most Creative - FINALIST
- Game Connection, Best Art - FINALIST
- Play 15 Hamburg, Most Creative - FINALIST
- "Lumino City is a video game, but it's unlike almost any other video game you've ever played....It's wow."
- Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- "“Wheee!” we giggle as the pinball machine lights up and bings before starting the trailer over."
- Alice O'Connor, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Lumino City is not just another gorgeous game that uses craft materials like textured paper and clock parts to build its world from. It is the mecca of such games."
- Jason Johnson, Kill Screen
- "The most beautiful game WIRED has seen in ages."
- , WIRED
- "It's a huge, intricate world. Lumino City has a distinct and wonderful personality. Stunning."
- , The Verge
- "Something special worth experiencing. Every scene is awe-inspiring. It's gorgeous."
- , GameInformer
State of Play Games Ltd
Take a look at other State of Play games here http://www.stateofplaygames.com/.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Creative Director, Animator, Model Maker and Game Designer
Producer, Games Designer and Model Maker
Developer and Game Designer
Director of Photography